Going Deeper

Fear

We are being tested in this emotion, right? Watch, God will work our fear for good.

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10).

Most of us have this verse memorized. Or we plan to memorize it right now. But we forget so easily. His power is available, but we forget! God has made arrangements for us when we forget and let fear make us nearly breathless.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:6-7).

Often we need others to challenge our hearts and minds away from fear and anxiety. God knows this and provided.

“Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ” (Gal. 6:2).

Conquer fear, not by blaming yourself or demeaning yourself but by surrendering it to our God who knew we would face it and provided.

The Most Important Thing

Homeschooling! So grateful for it. How is it different for the Christian?

Consider this: How much energy, effort, research, discussion do you put into choosing what grammar program you will use? Do you consider schedule, interest, what’s available, what’s offered when you choose or reject a co-op?

Why? Why do you invest so much?

Because you care. Because you want what’s best for your child. Is it wrong to approach your decisions this way? Surely not.

Now consider this:

“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might” (Deut. 6:5).

“AND these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall TEACH them DILIGENTLY to your children, and shall talk of them

when you sit in your house

when you walk by the way

when you lie down

when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

You sha