WCFS Distance Academy |
Private School for Remote Homeschool Families
If you'd like to join our Academy program, but you live outside the state of MD or overseas, this program offers a solution.
Our Distance Academy Program:
- Is designed for families living outside of the State Maryland. If you are a Maryland resident, please view our Academy program HERE. WCFS Distance Academy is a modified version of our Academy program designed to facilitate families living out of the region or overseas while still providing transcripts and diplomas customary for private schools.
- May be used to help fulfill the Compulsory Attendance requirements in your area. Since we are legally recognized as a private school, registering with us often enables families to satisfy many of their local area's educational requirements. Note the word 'many', not 'all'. You will still need to contact your local officials and file whatever notices or evaluations they require for homeschoolers in your school district. Enrolling with us will assist you in complying with the laws in your area, not necessarily exempt you from them.
- Provides validated K-12 transcripts and High School diplomas. Graduating with a WCFS diploma, your student will be able to demonstrate their High School achievements on transcripts customary to the majority of post-secondary institutions. (WCFS utilizes NCAA rigor standards for all High School courses.)
- Accepts dual enrollment. Students in 7th and 8th grade may take High School courses if taken according to NCAA rigor standards. Students may also take courses for college credit through other institutions while enrolled with WCFS.
- Promotes curriculum from a Christian worldview. Whether it be Creation vs Evolution, gender identity vs identity in Christ, or CRT in American history, we'll help you design and select courses to teach your children the truth, honor God, and prepare them to be ambassadors to the world.
- Provides annual program development consultations and offers achievement testing to help you determine your student's knowledge level and develop an individualized curriculum best suited for them.
- Provides all necessary forms. K-12 Academy families are provided with all necessary Course Objective guides, Student Reporting Forms, Jr. High and High School Handbooks, and Academic Calendars needed to validate each student's coursework.
- Provides coursework validation. WCFS utilizes Home Visits, Portfolio Reviews, Academic Clinics, Mentoring Clinics and Tutoring to provide academic oversight and promote student accountability.
- Includes livestreamed events. The WCFS Family Leadership Conference, Midyear Teacher's Conference, statewide Workshops, and Student Council are accessible via livestream, offering students and families the ability to participate in events remotely.
1. Submit Application Form and Application Fee
2. Approval Period
3. Receive Welcome Email
4. Watch Orientation Video
5. Attend Program Development Meeting
6. (Optional) Receive Placement Testing
7. Pay Tuition
8. Start Homeschooling!